These illustrated books tell the stories of the old man Pettson and his young tomcat Findus, who live somewhere in rural Sweden.
Author: Tavaron da Quirm
Okra is what makes a soup into a gumbo. Okra thickens the broth into a rich sauce, giving the soup a satisfying texture.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Did your grandmother have feather beds? Did your grandpa milk cows? Or was he a dignified lawyer or a skilled mechanic or a cop on the beat? Did your grandmother ride to school on a trolley as a girl, or (like the Post Editor's) on a horse?
This month, tell us about your grandparents. What are your memories of them? What stories did they tell you? What did they teach you? What do you know about their lives?
If your grandparents weren't around, who filled in that gap for you? Tell us about older people you knew when you were young. What were they like? What did you learn from them?
May 2022 Create Challenge: Grandparents
Newest Edited Entries
- 'Pettson and Findus' - The Children's Book Series24th May 2022
- Beef Vegetable Gumbo: A Nourishing Soup24th May 2022
- What Started the US Civil War, by a Contemporary Eyewitness18th May 2022
- 'The Abominable Snow Baby' - the Television Animation18th May 2022
- The Banjo Machine: Musical Crimes of the 1890s-1900s12th May 2022
- Pumpkin Lasagne - a Recipe12th May 2022
- How Henry VIII dealt with the Lincolnshire Rising and the Pilgrimage of Grace (1536-37)2nd May 2022
- 'Deutschlandlied', the German National Anthem2nd May 2022
- Redwings3rd May 2022
- Betty James' Slinky Story2nd May 2022
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."