Many Native American/First Nation peoples have used the turtle's back as a handy lunar calendar for counting 13 × 28 = 364 days
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Although a ferry has been of less importance to people travelling between Liverpool and the Wirral Peninsula since the opening of the Mersey Tunnels, the Mersey Ferries still play an important role in the Merseyside region.
We'd like you to tell us about your Ghosts of Christmas Past. Memories you'd like to share. Events that happened. Even a recipe or two, if you like.
And if your winter holiday memories involve other holidays, ones perhaps lacking in candy canes and guys in red suits? We're 100% here for them, too! Tell, show, take us there in our minds, help us learn.
December 2022 Create Challenge: Ghosts of Christmas Past
Newest Edited Entries
- When Is a Turtle a Calendar?28th November 2022
- 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' - a History of the Mersey Ferries28th November 2022
- 'Wet Leg' - the Album21st November 2022
- The Many Careers of Sol Bloom21st November 2022
- Zorro: Swashbuckling Hero and Role Model25th November 2022
- h2g2 Merchandise - On Sale Now!15th November 2022
- 'Jane Eyre' - a Novel by Charlotte Bronte14th November 2022
- Bring Your Own Popcorn and Watch an Exploitation Movie: Roger Corman's Swamp Women29th November 2022
- Doctor Who Enemies: The Great Intelligence and Yeti21st November 2022
- The National Wagon Road Guide: How to Get to California in 18587th November 2022
- A88051575 - 'Minions: the Rise of Gru' - the Animated Film Yesterday
- A88058695 - 'No Time to Die' - the James Bond Film Last Week
- A88058208 - Doctor Who Enemies: Judoon 2 Weeks Ago
- A88058316 - The Milgram Experiment: Studying What Humans Are Capable Of 4 Weeks Ago
- A88057867 - Grebes of the Podiceps Genus - Agile Diving Birds 4 Weeks Ago
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."